ua

ua

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

GBH : Midnight Madnesss and Beyond .... 1985



GBH are an English street punk band, formed in 1978 by vocalist Collin Abrahall and guitarist Colin "Jock" Blyth. GBH were early pioneers of English street punk, often nicknamed "UK82", along with Discharge, Broken Bones, The Exploited, and The Varukers. They have gone on to influence several punk rock musicians.

1982 saw GBH's first LP, City Baby Attacked By Rats. Lyrically, the album dealt with criticism of British and European culture, violence, morbidity (especially in reference to the song "Passenger On The Menu", which describes in graphic detail the experiences of the passengers on the Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571), atheism, nihilism and humour. Musically, the album was loud and fast, with few songs exceeding three minutes. In 1983 the band changed their name to GBH (Grievous bodily harm).[citation needed]

Unlike some early punk bands that evolved towards other styles, GBH have stayed fairly faithful to their original UK82 sound in subsequent releases. However, the band have experimented to some degree with a more speed metal-inflected sound, notably with their 1992 release Church of the Truly Warped, although they have since returned to a more purist punk sound. The band is still active and touring and maintain a strong following both in England and the rest of Europe, as well as in America and Japan.

Lars Frederiksen from Rancid says in the song 'You Want It, You Got It': "I heard G.B.H, I made a decision, punk rock is my religion." Whilst supporting Rancid at Rock City, Nottingham, UK on 10 November, 2008, GBH announced that the band has signed with Hellcat Records and will be releasing a new album on that label in the near future.




Tracklist


1. Limpwristed
2. Future Fugitives
3. Too Much
4. Iroquois
5. Guns & Guitars
6. Horror Story
7. Midnight Madness And Beyond...
8. Chance For Living
9. The Seed Of Madness
10. Sam Is Your Leader
11. How Come
12. Blood

GBH :

Ross : Bass
Jock : Lead guitar
Colin : Vocals
Wilf : Bass drum
And occasional : Tom Toms
LYRICS

Limpwristed


I can't see smoke hanging like a noose in the sky.
I can't see death lurking, only you and I.
We're small cogs in a big machine,
wake up son 'cos it's no dream.

Go .. ..
Wake up the whole worlds gone ,
wake up the whole worlds gone,
wake up the whole worlds gone ..
.. gone limpwristed.

Genders, bend over for me,
nothing can hide your bland puppetry.
We ain't got your elegant grace,
got gravel in our guts and spit in your face.

Do you really believe you can corrupt the youth ?
Credit them with more, they know the truth.
Stay out of the way, don't keep in touch,
'cos reality hurts like a kick in the crotch.

BLOOD
Every road leads to somewhere,
the way to hell is paved with good intentions.
Looking at the blackness,
there's an evil eye beaming down on me.
My brain implodes with torture,
as my baby sleeps silently by me.
Prickly heat I just can't sleep,
the cool night air is beckoning.

And I've gotta taste blood tonight,
I've gotta taste blood tonight,
I've gotta taste blood tonight,
fever burns deep, down inside.
I've gotta taste blood tonight,
I've gotta taste blood tonight,
You'd better run 'cos you sure can't hide.

The world has lost its meaning,
a rat trap maze with no big cheese.
Energy drains to nowhere,
my get up and go just got up and gone.
This can't be for real,
amnesia churns inside my head.
Frost glaze on the floor,
reflects the truth by which I fear.


Year : November 1985
Genre : Punk
Format : Vinyl LP
Made in : England
Label : Rough Justice ( 4th Floor , 8 Carnaby Street , LOndon )
Distribution : Musicdisc
Size : 98,5 MB

Many thnx to Tsianikoskoufitsa who gave this album to me
( I Always appreciate good friends . Even if they are Metall Bastards . I don't care . We are Rockers to the bone . And We like the same Fuckin' Music . )

HERE

3 comments:

  1. o tsinikoskoyfitsas einai punk rocker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, GREAT blog, i love it
    i see that you've made a bit confusion with the pictures:the ones near Limpwristed is not a member of GBH. He is Wattie Buchan from The Exploited ;)

    respect! Ozzy from italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazie amico mio . So chi e , ma ero un po troppo duro quando postavo questo post , mesi fa . Lo lascio restare cosi .

    ReplyDelete