ua

ua

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Steve Harley & The Cockney Rebel : Love's a Prima Donna 1976 FLAC & mp3


Love's a Prima Donna is an album by Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, released in October 1976. It was recorded at Abbey Road Studios between June and September 1976. The album reached #28 in the UK Albums Chart in November 1976.


Allmusic journalist, Donald A. Guarisco notes, "Although he created a decadent glam rocker image through early albums like "The Human Menagerie" and "The Psychomodo", Harley soon revealed a romantic heart beating beneath all the artsy sleaze on singles like "Judy Teen" and "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)".



This 1976 album, the last studio outing Harley would record under the Cockney Rebel banner, allowed him to give full vent to his romantic thoughts via "(I Believe) Love's a Prima Donna" and "(Love) Compared With You", a delicately orchestrated love ballad that manages to be touching and heartfelt without lapsing into sappy sentimentality.


TRACKS




1. Seeking a Love : 0:43
G.I. Valentine : 1:29
Finally a Card Came : 2:28
Too Much Tenderness : 4:16
2. (Love) Compared With You : 4:20
3. (I Believe) Love's a Prima Donna : 4:11
4. Sidetrack II : 3:13
5. Seeking a Love (Part II) : 1:09
6. (If This Is Love) Give Me More : 4:25
Carry Me Again : 4:30
7. Here Comes the Sun : 2:55 (George Harrison)
8. Innocence and Guilt : 7:13
Is It True What They Say? : 4:41


(Love) Compared With You

I been trying to write this line
But the years've gone by in no time
And you know that it's not easy for a boy in love
But I had to find a clue
And it could only come from you
Like a waterfall you tingle me with your love

Chorus:

And you know that since you loved me I have everything
And you know that since you loved me it's been easy



All the things that I been through
Don't mean a thing compared with you
You can give me life forever in a moment
You carry me like a child and you're a goddess when I'm wild
When I'm desperate in black you are golden

And I confess... since you loved me I had everything
I confess that since you loved me it's been easy


And you know that since you loved me I have everything
And you know that since you loved me it's been easy

I Love you . I Love you .
I'm in love with you .
I Love you . I Love you .
I'm in love with you .

Format : Vinyl LP
Label : EMI
Made in : Greece
Year : 1976
Genre : Art Rock - Progressive


You can find the album " Psychomodo " HERE

Take it HERE

MP3 # 320

Flac

1 comment: